LPC Staff and Officers (in consultation and coordination with LPC members of our medical community, our Mississippi State Health Department, and other area churches) are implementing a few practical steps in light of the Coronavirus outbreak in the U.S.
- If you or a family member are sick (even if it seems mild) we ask you to please stay home
- If you are in a “high-risk” category (see MSDH website), please exercise caution as you consider attending services
- We are suspending our greeting and handshaking time beginning this Sunday
- We encourage you to limit person-to-person contact
- Personal hygiene and regular hand washing is one effective means of keeping down the spread of germs, and our facilities are well stocked for hand washing
- Additionally, hand sanitizing stations are available in the foyer of both buildings.
- Through the week, our custodial staff are spending extra time sanitizing the facilities, especially in the high traffic areas.
The situation is fluid (things are changing hour-by-hour), so expect more communication and other possible changes in the days ahead. As LPC takes a measured but cautious approach, please remember that the health and safety of our LPC church family remains a top priority for us, and we will continue to be diligent as we take appropriate precautions. However, our trust and confidence remains in our Lord. “God is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1)